Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's already July


July began with a visit from family. My cousin, Helen (named after my mother) and her husband Darrell decided to purchase a new motorhome. They took possession in Arizona to avoid any undue sales tax and decided to head out on a 3 month adventure. Thankfully their plans included a visit to Show Low to visit us. You have to know that we hadn't seen each other since 1971. Yes, I said 1971. Although we had kept in touch via email over the past few years, we weren't sure how a visit would go. Surprisingly, we had a lot to talk about.

I gathered old photos of my mother's and showed them to Helen who was instrumental in identifying some of the people in the photos. It was so nice to finally put a name to a face. My mother was beautiful when she was younger. And my dad was very handsome. Helen and I reminisced for the whole day. They brought their little dog, Coco, who was such a good little puppy. Their visit only lasted for 24-hours and they headed back to Camp Verde where they were staying. That's about 3 hours away from here. They set out on the rest of their trip visiting Yellowstone, Utah and friends along the way. They are still on that trip and can't wait to hear all about it.

No comments: