Friday, September 14, 2007

Where has this summer gone?

I can't believe that it's September all ready. We have been so busy with visitors and going on trips. Our last little jaunt was back to California for Kym and Chris' wedding on September 7th. What a beautiful bride Kym was. The whole event was flawless and everyone enjoyed themselves.

It started on Thursday with our arrival in Bermuda Dunes. Tom and Diane had left for Newport Beach and I had a big list of "to do's" waiting for me. All at my own choice, but I figured why not help out and make the mother of the bride's life a little easier. So, after making monster cookies (my favorite), working on two runners for the reception with a little tidying up, my day ended around 1:00 a.m.

Renee and Phil arrived via plane to Palm Springs Airport and headed to Bermuda Dunes. Delaney was happy to be in a house, rather than a plane or a car. She is such a sweet baby. Went to bed so easily and that was that.

Friday Ryan and his family arrived about 8:45 and we headed to Newport Beach. Since we weren't permitted into the Temple, Ren and I babysat the kids on the lawn of the Temple. What a beautiful place. In no time, the bride and groom emerged from the Temple and we took many, many pictures. Once this was done, we headed to El Torito for a dinner provided by the groom's parents. Then the long drive back to Bermuda Dunes on the busy California freeways.

Saturday Diane and I were up early and headed to the Country Club to set up the tables and do flowers. This went quickly and we headed home after about 3 hours to prepare for a pizza feast at the Caress house. Once we were done with this, we all changed our clothes and went to the Country Club for a beautiful dessert reception. I'm sure there were in excess of 150 people there to wish the newlyweds well.

Sunday, we had a brunch/breakfast and Kym and Chris opened their many gifts and cards from their guests. I don't think they will be in need of much once they get all the goodies put away. They left for the airport and headed to San Francisco for a much deserved honeymoon.

Monday came and Gary and I packed our car and headed back to Show Low. Ren, Phil and Delaney had a flight out later in the afternoon, so we said goodbye the night before, not wanting to wake anyone when we left.

I have some photos that I will post here from the wedding. What a group that was. Both families were represented and we had a great time.

1 comment:

Kym said...

I love the pictures!! did you take a lot? Can I get some from you? Thank you SOOOO much for joining us! I loved having you there on Friday & Saturday!!! xoxo, K.